SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Thursday, March 31, 2016



gretchenrubin.com
So this summer vacation, I said that I will read a lot of novels. First because I like reading for pleasure. If I haven’t told you yet, I am a hedonist. So there I will read because it gives me pleasure. I just want to clarify that I am not the kind of reader who’s into books with profound themes and discussing deep concepts. I didn’t even have the courage to turn the first page of anything that is said to be classic. I will not read them unless I take a literature class and it’s a required reading. Not that I’m a shallow of a person and I can’t fathom the message that the books are trying to send across. It’s just that I read for pleasure. I am an escapist reader you may say. I read to somehow make myself forget of the shits of life. I just know that these classics are classic for certain reasons, i.e. there heavy and timeless themes. There, I am a reader alright. But I am not that quite of a reader to know of the legends of literature. 

Not that the things I read are of not much of good. I think I can pride myself enough to know what a goof story and what is not. I can identify, good prose from what is terrible. I can assess if one’s characterization is justifiable or not. To tell you the truth I have read a few books and stop it halfway because for sure it’s not getting any better, at least for my taste.

I’ve been reading a lot of Meg Cabot lately. She just gets the formula to a perfect light-natured story right. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment