SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Thursday, March 17, 2016



So my friend Bheck had me helping a batch of highschool students running for Student Council Organization. I was an SCO Chairperson and got a Leadership Award for it. It kinda feels nice having to share what I know. Actually what I did is just proofread their speeches but even so I felt nice having to be of help.

I kind of imagined having to share something to them if ever I’m given the opportunity to. If so, here is what I say:

“Hello guys! I feel really shy being here speaking in front of you. Miss Lorevic has me introduced in a very high profile manner. I am not. I am still a nobody. I haven’t achieved anything yet. To tell you the truth I will be spending my sixth year in college next year. How’s that for an achievement? It’s not very ideal right? But whatever. This is not about me. It’s about you.
www.frontporchrepublic.com
Maybe, for us to find a common ground here, I would like to share that I too am a Bridgetine, I am a product of this institution. I was an SCO Chairperson, Staffer of ILAW, member of Science Club and a Peer Facilitator like everyone of you here. I was on the same batch with Miss Lorevic.
I think what I would say is not just mainly for the seniors here but for everyone in highschool in general. I am sure that at this phase you still have this simplistic idea of the world. You still are very idealistic as I once was when I was like you. But eventually, you will realize that the world isn’t just black and white. It’s many shades of grey. You’ll soon realize how cruel the world is, and reality really do suck. Well it doesn’t just suck, it also bites hard. Not long enough from now, you will be in situations with real and heavy consequences, you will face pressure that will test your limits. 
www.closeupfilmcentre.com
So the thing that I want to impress to you here is to live in the moment. High school is fun right? Has it ever occurred to you that once you graduate, you will forever out of highschool? I give emphasis on forever to let you know that you can never go back and be in the same moment again. It’s not like sex where you can just do it again if you miss the pleasure. It’s not. So again, live in the moment. Two or three years from now you will have met new people, have gone to new places and experience many wonderful things that will make you forget about all of this. So have fun. Have a healthy fun while you are still here.
Highschool, aside from being an avenue for creating good memories is also a place to create friendships that would last for a lifetime. So I guess one more thing that I would like for you to do is make friends. At this time, making friends is as easy as ABC. Once you’re out there people would just come and go. But your high school friends, they will always be the ones you go home to. You’ll understand this when you go home for sembreaks and holidays such as Christmas and Holy Week. 
So there. Live in the moment. Make friends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment