SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Graduation Blues: Perspective of a Left Behind

Perhaps some great things are not really made to last. Their being temporary is somehow the one characteristic that makes them great, the thing that makes one to want to hold on to it for a very long time and after letting go of the grip, to treasure them.

For a while, especially in the initial phases, where the thought of not having to see a friend walking the hallways is just sinking in, it will make one sad. I was sad.

Yet after attending graduation celebrations, I feel not so sad anymore being left behind and all. I came to realize that at the end of the party, I just have be thankful for what has transpired - the friendship, the moments, the laughter and everything, and sleep with a heart looking forward to what's in store for tomorrow. Surely there will be times that I'll miss them being around, but I'll carry on.

Likewise I realized that one's family are the persons who'll certainly stay. From the celebrations, I get to be introduced to family members and suddenly this thought came crystal clear to me. Friends are there, but in the end you go home with your family. And this people who I am getting mopy about because they already graduated and leaving the confines of our campus have their own lovely families. I felt slightly guilty being sad amidst their family's happy event. In a way it's been impressed to me that I don't own these people. Their friendship is really  just a gift. And I have my own family too. Better make effort to be of greatest of terms with my own family, the ones guaranteed to stay even after every graduation or other milestones, I resolved.

That is, in a very weird manner, I have come to compare graduation celebrations to wakes of a dead loved one. It makes you ready, in a very profound way to accept the circumstances, then understand that the situation calls for letting go, much as what one undergoes during bereavements.

I found myself praying and sharing to God all my sentiments as regards to this. In a way I want to be comforted. And I was.

Thanking God for the gift of friendship. Praying for a brighter tomorrow not just for me and but for my friends who graduated as well. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment