SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Friday, April 24, 2015

This way I...

Dearest Mona and Jai,

I want you to know that I too am feeling very sad as with these recent happenings. I guess I just have my own way of dealing with it. As you’re aware by now, I’m weird that way. Parting of ways is here and there. Persons whom we are so used to being with seem to be moving on to the next chapters of their lives. I believe one thing that makes it more sad is that we are left looking back, while these persons are looking forward. So I say that we also look forward. These persons are not the only ones who are turning to the next chapters of their lives. We too are. We are all into this thing so called as  transitioning. Moving forward doesn’t mean that we are to forget. No. It’s more of carrying on to earn more things to remember. Like novels, where each chapter integrally comprise the totality of the story, our experiences also would accumulate to make the greatest story of all. Hence, whatever we have had will always be a part of our lives now. They were not just fleeting moments. They happened for a meaningful purpose.

But this letter is truly intended for you, for us. I am writing this because I know I’ll never really can express this as articulately and elaborately in a normal conversation. After a very long time, earlier this evening we three had gone out to catch up. I just felt like writing to you after that. It just occurred to me that we three are also going to part ways sooner than expected. And I’ll not be with you in Cebu, during the probably last CSV happening that would supposedly give us the chance to spend quality time together. So for the first and last time, I want for you to know how I feel.

For the next years, I would always be thinking of you come months of September and December. Months of Peñafrancia fiesta and Christmas are two of the colorful and festive highlights of our volunteer life. Likewise these are the times of perfect excuse for sleepovers. I would always remember those sleepover nights. So many memories were made there. Those times when we sleep beside each other, those times when share the last of our allowances for our dinner, those times we take care of one when he/she is sick, those times we stay up late just to watch a movie or just talk, or laugh, or hear the other’s problems, pay for one’s meal when he/she short, lending money when needed, my birthday surprise, those times when we’re in the car with Fr. Ritche messing around, the hugs and the kisses, and among many other good things. We were the definition of siblings, of family.

Most of the time I think I am the one who is need. And you were always there to help. The Mr. Gabay thing is just one of the greatest. That is, I always come to you empty handed. I don’t have anything to offer really. But you still had me as a friend. I know you’ve been to the point of almost giving up on me and my weirdness, but the fact is you never did. You’ve discovered my issues but still you’re there. You stayed. I am truly grateful for your generosity and understanding. Truly.


You two were blessings. And I will not end this letter without thanking the Almighty God for giving me the opportunity to meet you. Basically we met and became friends through our calling to serve Him and his Church. In the future, when I think of my college years, I’ll think of being a Chaplaincy Student Volunteer. CSV will always be a happy place for me partly because of the friendship that we’ve come to create.

The future awaits us. I just wanted you to know there will be a piece of you in me always. Whatever persons you become, and wherever you two are in the world, I will be sending you love.


Always, 
Zec

No comments:

Post a Comment