SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I've run into this article while surfing the net for my research work.  


"But I'm not sure - how do I know?"       http://www.avert.org/am-i-gay.htm


Being a teen can be a really confusing time for all sorts of reasons. You start thinking you've coped with puberty - and then all of a sudden, you get these new feelings. You start wondering - could I be gay?

There isn't a questionnaire you can fill in or a test to take! While your sexuality is developing, many teens will become attracted to someone of the same gender - it doesn't mean that you'll always be attracted to people of that gender. Some people can be quite old before they have their first same-sex attraction. For some people, the only way to know for sure is to wait and see. Other people seem to have known they were gay since they were really young - everyone's different.
“For many people who were brought up thinking they were straight, it can come as quite a surprise to realise that they're attracted to people of the same gender.”
“I have always known I was attracted to boys. I didn't quite know what it was, or that it wasn't something most boys did. But I always knew. I can remember back to 1st grade playing 'kiss chase' with the girls. Yet I was chasing WITH the girls after the boys.”Cody
For many people who were brought up thinking they were straight, it can come as quite a surprise to realise that they're attracted to people of the same gender. Sometimes something might happen to make you suddenly aware of these feelings - or you might have become aware of them slowly, over a long time.

It can sometimes seem like there's just too much to deal with - but don't worry, you don't have to make any decisions right now, and feelings often make more sense after some time has passed.

**Ha-ha! It's time for me to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment