SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Strolling Around Albay



At Embarcadero de Legazpi
 
           A tour in its essence is going into places. Indeed I’ve gone into different places which are somewhat new to me. I’ve already visited most of them in the past only that my memory about them is now vague. Revisiting them at this point in my life seem to bring me back to my past when my mother is tenderly holding my then cute little hand  and telling me how was her life during college while walking in the streets of Legazpi City. By that, I can say that I was brought to enkindle my personal history. Thanks to this tour.

Places no matter how beautiful or historical they are will not be that wonderful if one is alone; hence, if he doesn’t feel “at home”. I guess I appreciated the places I visited more because of my friends and my classmates who’ve been with me throughout the activity.

Some of the places I’ve already been into because of the similar activities during high school. But some that I learned this time seem to surprise me making me ask: “Did they tell me that before?” I think I just did not take them seriously before. Maybe it’s now that I became more mature that these places made sense.

View of Mayon Volcano at the side of Daraga Church
Perhaps not all that I visited this time are familiar to me. Some of them are new to my sight. I can say some of them are disappointing but some of them are really wonderful. It’s my first time to be in Embarcadero. The place is just decent contrary to what I’ve heard about it. What’s more disappointing is the super high fences before the said place that seem to block the view of the nipa houses that resemble those houses of those squatter areas in Manila. I’ve heard of this before but it’s really different when it came into reality. Truth really hurts. Are they that hypocrites as to conceal them?

At the stairs leading to the inside Daraga Church
Most importantly, since this is a learning journey that I’ve been into, I believe I recognized more the value of these presently existing and very tangible places that are said to have played a part on the life of the early inhabitants of the Philippines. Seeing them and being on them led me to become conscious as to how important they for affirming the facts and information that I’ve heard and read about them. There are times that I feel skeptical about what is being instilled on me about certain places but I deem I just need to take them all in and believe. I guess no one can satisfy my curiosity and end my skepticism unless someone from the past confirm them as true. That is, to believe and to appreciate these places as they are and what is known about them at this time.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment