SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Procrastination: An Enemy or A Friend?



I always thought that I am a very organized person. You see, I've imbibed making these "To Do List" and Schedules of my activities. Yet right now, I do not know if I am still what I thought I am. I am just this college student who has a scholarship to maintain and many schoolworks to accomplish.I am a typical student and a son wanting to make honor for myself and my family I may say. But, at this moment, I realize that it's arduous and tiring also to be like this"goody-goody" type of person. I just am bothered by my frequent procrastinating. I delay doing things no matter how important it is and wait for the time that I would cram because it is super on due. To add on this madness, I am looking forward for wonders to just happen and that they might turn out well despite of my unpreparedness and fore neglect. Wonders never cease after all.

Perhaps, I am really amazed on how great the outcomes are. There are times when I get nearly perfect scores on my quizzes given the fact that I already read the long chapter for almost fifteen minutes. Asking why the instance happened? Well its just because I surfed the net the whole night fully aware of that quiz that is to be given.

I know these sheer luck won't keep up on me for sure. I desperately need help.

On the bright side, I deem it is really not a must to do things right away. People also need time for their initial ideas to germinate into more awesome ones. As much as they say, growth and development is a gradual process. Rushing may lead for other integral stages that must be undergone to be set aside and thus evolution is not optimized. To add, I've learned that the greatest writers are awful procrastinators! whaha..

Now what to do?

They say that one needs to be organized. Am I? Yeah I think so. Maybe I just do not prioritize well. Indeed. I put pleasure over business and not business over pleasure. Additionally, they say that one must identify the reason of their procrastinating. And I think that's it. I can be considered as a hedonist now. I live on wordly deeds. Life is about enjoyment! Who wants to be facing the books frowning? Yet, I must also face it. If I continue on this, worse things could happen. For one my grades could flunk and my general morale and personality to rust out. Also I could lose my scholarship. That means, losing great opportunities.Perhaps, strong and firm stance on things, self-discipline and self-control are the things that I need.

I am fully aware of these dire consequences . It just needs to be engraved in my mind and heart. God, please help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment