SE

________________________________"Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfilment." (Pearl S. Buck)_______________________________

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

It Has Been



      
ajourneytilltheend.blog.com
        As I look back, I find myself appreciating the things that I have undergone. They shaped me for what I am now. They taught me life lessons that only experience can. They gave me wisdom that I’d forever bring within me. Yet some lessons are learned the hard way. But I carry on.
       What are my guiding principles? Did I apply them in these experiences? I did for some. But most of them, I got from my experiences. I have learned to modify them for the better and add to the list of the principles that will be the foundation of my decisions and undertakings. Some of the ideals that I consider as my guiding principles are:

  • Identify and stick with things that actually matter. These are the things that can’t be bought and can’t be replaced or replayed e.g. love, happiness, quality time with family etc.
  •  Follow the law, established rules and guidelines. It’s implemented for a reason. 
  •  Don’t leap beyond my means. Be humble.
  •   “Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa.”
  •  Everything I do must be effective and efficient. I am the manager of my life. Everything I do must be pointed towards achievement of my short term and long term goals.

     
          This is actually the first time that I was asked what my principles in life are. I found it hard. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention to it then; that is, I don’t really pinpoint them and enumerate them as I select between choices. I just make decisions. From  where I am now, I think I am applying them somehow. Heck I’d be unhappy if I haven’t. But of course, the journey goes on and on. I still have time to engage in some adventures. I would bear these principles in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment